BigHat Biosciences is seeking an exceptional individual for an Engineer role focused on the development of BigHat’s high-throughput, automated platform for producing and characterizing antibodies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Source, onboard, validate, and operate cutting edge assays to produce and characterize antibody biophysical properties (e.g. stability, solubility) within the BigHat platform.
- Optimize all laboratory systems for high throughput and efficiency.
- Drive process engineering to evaluate, improve and streamline platform components.
- Automate key platform modules as necessary.
- Design and execute research projects to improve the production, purification, and characterization of antibodies within the BigHat platform, such as sourcing or developing novel assays with, for example, higher throughput, lower cost, or lower consumable use.
- Collaborate closely with BigHat executives, AI/ML, and other team members to ensure a tight linkage between the experimental and machine learning platform components.
- Nice-to-haves include antibody or protein engineering experience, strong programming skills; microfluidics development; using and/or developing cell-free protein extracts.
Compensation will include a competitive pay package, benefits, and equity commensurate with being among the first employees at a growth-oriented startup. Job title and compensation will be set based on successful candidate's experience, so we encourage applicants with a diverse range of experiences to apply.
See the full job description for more information.