Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Business Officer will be a major contributor to shaping the future of BigHat Biosciences. BigHat is seeking a versatile and highly-motivated individual to spearhead all corporate strategy and corporate and business development activities of a rapidly growing biotech company. This individual will be a key member of the leadership team and will lead corporate strategy and business model discussions with the leadership team and the Board of Directors, drive the identification and execution of strategic collaborations leveraging the company’s platform technology and provide commercial input into all decisions related to new product development, including helping to select therapeutic areas, targets and indications.
- Collaborate with the CEO and the leadership team to drive corporate strategic planning, long-term financial forecasts, financing strategy, and close strategic partnerships.
- Manage all phases of the business development deal cycle, such as opportunity development, pitch presentations, due diligence processes, and negotiations of terms sheets and definitive agreements.
- Identify, prioritize and pursue high-potential partnership opportunities.
- Perform all required financial, market and competitive analyses, such as valuation analyses to drive corporate strategy and financing strategy; deal benchmarking and deal modeling to maximize partnership value; market and competitive analysis to prioritize pipeline development and portfolio optimization.
- Entrepreneurial drive: proven ability to have an impact. A self-starter with a strong work ethic. Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities. Experience identifying and capitalizing upon opportunities for strategic fit with corporate objectives.
- Driving results: tenaciously drives to goals, individually and by influencing others. Sets priorities, takes accountability, and imbues a sense of urgency to others. Functions autonomously, drives strategic decisions, and executes deals from sourcing to close.
- Develops and leverages relationships: has credibility and a network of industry contacts; can reach key executives in companies that are likely prospects for partnerships.
- Analytical skills: strong valuation and financial modeling skills, with attention to detail, accuracy, and accountability balanced with business judgment and execution speed.
- Exceptional communication skills: comfortable in high-visibility situations; demonstrates executive presence; gains the trust and respect of internal and external constituencies. Excellent presentation and communication skills. Influences and works successfully with varied audiences including internal colleagues, external potential pharmaceutical and biotech partners, and senior executives and Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 15 years experience in biotech/pharma; preferably with an advanced degree in business or science.
- Minimum of 8 years experience working in business development; sell-side platform experience strongly preferred; experience developing sell-side presentations for potential pharmaceutical partners.
- Experience in antibody therapeutics a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines across multiple transactions.
- Leadership in managing diligence and negotiation processes.
- An aptitude to quickly understand new science and technology.
- Familiarity with successful collaborations, licensing and partnership deals, including a demonstrated ability to understand terms and negotiate and close deals.
- Knowledge of market and competitive environment including deal activity and potential opportunities. Knowledge of the resources available to drive a deeper understanding of these topics.
Compensation will include a compelling pay package, benefits, and equity commensurate with being on the leadership team at an early-stage, growth-oriented, family-friendly startup.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to start a conversation about this role.